Volunteering at the National Adaptation Forum is a unique opportunity for students and early career or new to the field professionals to mingle with leading climate change adaptation practitioners, participate in sessions, and learn about all things climate adaptation-related. The Forum will be held from October 25-27, 2022 in Baltimore, Maryland at the Baltimore Marriott Waterfront. Volunteers are instrumental to the success of the Forum.
Volunteer applications will be reviewed starting September 5, 2022. Priority will be given to students and early career professionals and attendees with accepted presentations.
Volunteers can attend approximately half of the sessions and are asked to dedicate the other half of their time to volunteering. Volunteers are expected to attend the entirety of the Forum, October 25-27, 2022.
General responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Supporting sessions and associated events (e.g., AV, seating, timing)
- Assisting speakers
- Distributing and collecting surveys
- Communicating needs of presenters and participants to the Forum Coordinator
- Greeting and guiding participants to event and exhibit areas
- Personning the information desk
- Tracking session attendance
- Taking photographs of the event for the Forum to post
Benefits of Volunteering
- Free Forum registration
- Free lunch and snacks
- Networking opportunities galore!
- Helpful, flexible, courteous, and committed
- Attend a volunteer training session
- Arrive 15 minutes prior to your shift
- Check-in and out at the volunteer check-in desk
- Review and sign EcoAdapt’s Volunteer Waiver